Senior Systems Engineer
We are excited to present this opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer.
You will bring proven experience playing a critical role in supporting enterprise systems, infrastructure, and business services. You will enjoy the challenge of evaluating and implementing new IT technology and services, while building resilience, ensuring security and maintaining operations.
- 5+ years of enterprise experience, relevant degree, and Microsoft Certification
- Experience with cloud services (Microsoft Azure and Office 365) – BAU and Project work as required
- Digital Transformation
- Proven experience providing 1st to 3rd level support as for core business apps and experience providing technical network support (LAN, WAN)
- Proven hands-on experience with the Microsoft stack of services/ products including installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting, software, and hardware
- Excel in a high-pressure dynamic environment
- Excellent documentation capabilities maintaining all policies and procedures
- Solid communications and stakeholder engagement
- Evaluate, recommend, solution, design, build and maintain a wide range of IT infrastructure solutions both on the Service Provider side and on the corporate side of the business. This includes all servers, workstations, Office 365 E5, our AWS and Azure Cloud instances, backup systems, SaaS applications, Email Protection Systems, Storage infrastructure.
- Drive standardization, automation, design and operational best practices – Create and maintain both high-level and detailed technical designs, implementation and test plans, engineering templates, and other documentation in order to drive standardization and operational best practice.
- Follow internal ITSM processes (e.g. ITIL incident and problem management, change management). Propose improvements where possible.
- Technical documentation – Deliver and maintain accurate technical documentation, diagrams, configurations, and implementation plans.
- Set up, maintain use and evolve our Monitoring Systems using existing and new management tools
- Perform automated and manual routine periodic audits of the infrastructure systems, including servers, OS, storage, backups, and report on results.
- Information Security – Experience designing, building and administrating security systems, endpoints protection. Ability to help the head of department with the internal Information Security Awareness program. Exemplary behavior and security leadership will be expected from the Systems Engineer.
- Patching – Keep our systems patch levels up to date. To do so the systems engineer will be expected to track, assess, and identify CVEs presenting a risk to systems ongoing, and make appropriate and timely recommendations to patch and/or alternatively when patching isn’t immediately possible, implement workarounds to mitigate the risk. Server patching procedures themselves are largely scripted/automated.
- Excellent remuneration along with a number of perks, such as a mobile plan, a company laptop, car allowance/company car and a home internet connection, as well income protection and trauma cover
- The chance to work in a fun and dynamic environment
- Flexible working e.g. work from home, work hours
- Personal development opportunities through continuous education and training and a demonstrated track record of developing our employees, including hiring and promoting internally where possible
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years experience do you have as a systems engineer?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years experience do you have as a systems administrator?
- How many years of experience do you have using Office 365?
- How many years of experience do you have using SaaS?
- How many years of experience do you have using Microsoft Azure?
- Many many years of Information Technology experience do you have?
- What is your level of proficiency in English?
We are looking forward hearing from you.
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference: SSE